Create Healthy Balanced Meals
MAGGI Recipe Bases make it easy to create healthy, balanced meals that taste great for you and your family. Simply add your fresh ingredients to the recipe and serve with plenty of vegetables or salad.
The ‘Balance Your Meal’ section on the back of pack shows you how to enjoy a healthy, balanced meal in the right portions for good health. Aim for half your plate to be filled with vegetables or salad. Adapt the portions served on your plate to suit the energy and nutritional needs of your family.
We are continually working to improve the taste, nutrition and health of MAGGI products. Recent improvements to MAGGI Recipe Bases include:
- Ensuring all the ingredients in the products are as close to the ones you would find in your kitchen cupboard.
- Adding the Health Star Rating to the front of pack to help you make healthy choices when shopping. The more stars the healthier the choice
- Inspiration to help you cook healthy, balanced meals in the right portions with plenty of vegetables.
Eat your Veg!
Did you know 37.1% of New Zealanders don’t eat the recommended serves of fruits and vegetables each day?
The recommended daily intake is 3 serves of vegetables per day and 2 serves of fruit.
So what does a serve of vegetables look like?
Easy ways to up your daily veg intake
- Include vegetables or salad at lunch time, add to sandwiches and eat healthy choices naturally high in veg like salads, soups or leftovers.
- Snacking on veg sounds boring but pair with a delicious dip like hummus or salsa to make those veggie sticks more interesting.
- Always add plenty of vegetables or salad to your dinner meal. Aim to fill half your plate with vegetables or salad, even if the recipe doesn’t call for many vegetables, serve extra on the side to balance your meal and up your veg intake.